View Profile ChronoNomad

131 Movie Reviews

The song itself is quite simply phenomenal, and Finn already knows how much I respect his talent! The background images and animations are also ridiculously impressive.

That said, the character appearance and animation leaves much to be desired, and is quite honestly the weakest part of the presentation. But hey, you're still really young and have lots of time to learn and grow and improve your illustration and animation abilities! So don't give up, and I look forward to watching you improve over time. Let me offer up a few helpful hints:

Really study images of the human body in order to get better at drawing people. While I've certainly seen worse proportions, the male and female within the video are incredibly stiff and possess some very unrealistic features. From the back view, the back itself extends too far upward and almost gives the appearance of having a hump, which I do not believe was intended. Your hands and shoulders are way too rounded; once again, study those aspects and smooth them out in a more realistic way. Arm and leg movements are also really stiff and awkward at this point. And finally, when viewing the head and neck from behind, the neck would continue up past the back of the head rather than the other way around, like it is here.

Having a really amazing song and gorgeous backgrounds boosted my overall score quite a lot, but had I gone strictly by the merits of the characters and character animations alone it would have been a much different story. When those aspects come together in a more harmonious way, you're going to have a seriously killer repertoire. Best of luck going forward! :)

VivendmaYoutube responds:

Thanks! I tried to add my usual humor in it as well.. like Bea Hogg as the girl's name

This is quite simply the best PSA I've seen since Dumb Ways to Die first earwormed its way into my heart! Incredibly well animated, with excellent visuals, music, and sound effects backing up the brutal action. There was clearly some inspiration taken from series like One Punch Man and classic Dragon Ball Z, which makes for quite an interesting mix in the world of Pokémon. Very kind of you to give the fine folks of Newgrounds the perfected version, too.

Nice protection and avoidance tips. Mosquitos are annoying enough to begin with, but the Zika virus is some seriously bad business. What the world needs is more dragonflies to help control the buzzing bloodsucker population!

Oh, man...this is so good! Made me smile and actually laugh out loud. Thanks for making my day.

The art and animation style are excellent, as are the sound effects and music. The whole thing comes together just right and is thoroughly engaging. Also a very fun and unique take on the whole Zombie Apocalypse idea that's totally been done to death but somehow never gets old.

Stanley is quite the hero and I'm sure we would all love to see him again, but the story is just as good as a standalone project. Bravo! Looking forward to future submissions.

89 Game Reviews

This is a pretty fun and rather unique game, especially considering how incredibly arbitrary the whole process actually is. I'm still not entirely sure if there's some sort of condition that needs to be met in order to find the Schrödinger-like cat in the box alive or dead, or if it's just as random as the cat effects you get by hitting the spacebar. Nevertheless, it is indeed quite challenging, sometimes frustrating, and generally kind of cute...in a dark and strangely morbid way.

The backgrounds, animations, and other moving parts look very nice and feel natural. The music, while highly limited and decidedly repetitive, sounds fine and serves an interesting purpose by reversing while the spacebar is held down. Sound effects, while also fairly minimal, are nonetheless effective and appropriate for the tone of the game. Besides the technical and aesthetic elements, it's always great to earn a couple hundred medal points! I know it's an extra draw for me, at least.

I did come across one weird medal glitch while playing, so I figured I would take a moment to report it here. During my initial playthrough, I earned all the stars for every level as I completed them, and when I finally got through the 30th level it was the TASK 2 medal that popped all by itself. After that I finished TASK 3, then had to play the game over from the beginning to finally get TASK 1 to activate. Obviously, if someone earns more than one of the medals on a single run through all 30 levels, they should get all the medals they've earned.

Overall, I would have to say that this is a solid Puzzle game, despite its unique reliance on luck. Some skill is indeed required, and simply tapping the button without any kind of analytical thought process going on won't get the job done.

Besides, the idea of cats doing all kinds of crazy stuff while you're not observing them is totally symbolic and 100% accurate. Great job and congratulations on landing on the Front Page!

Cute and quirky, but loves to freeze up on me and has done so across several attempts. I may never be able to finish the game itself if that keeps happening. The premise is very bizarre of course, just like the myths themselves, and your one of a kind art style is always uniquely enjoyable. I've generally become accustomed to your particular style of music, but some of the tracks here actually gave me a headache. :P

The gameplay leaves something to be desired, and not knowing which enemies can be killed using the sword or need to be jumped on is more than a bit bothersome. Controlling Pegasus is ridiculously awkward, though I suppose that was intended to ramp up the difficulty of the "race" against the Sphinx. In a more straightforward race based on speed rather than gathering golden olives, Pegasus would win without even trying.

Death comes quickly and easily, but then you're right back into things with another chance, so dying in and of itself means very little in most stages. There are some silly little Easter eggs sprinkled here and there, and it's always nice to earn medals.

Not a bad game, though I would probably offer up at least another half star if I could play without those frustratingly random freeze-ups. FYI, the browser I use is Chrome and there was nothing else going on in the background at the time. Hope that helps!

A well made game that relies too much on the luck stat. I can't really say that it's a very original idea, which I'm sure you already know since you've used this same formula before, but at least it's done well enough to be interesting. And there are medals to earn, which is a nice bonus. The game looks quite nice, the background music is really relaxing, and it has one hell of a difficulty curve. Maybe instead of "Easy, Medium, and Hard" the levels should be named "Entirely Possible, Not So Much, and All But Impossible."

Skill is absolutely a part of the game, but in the end simply moving on to the next level requires inordinate amounts of luck, as well. Moving on to the 3rd level in the Medium bracket should not take numerous repeated attempts...that's just frustrating and really hampers the game's overall level of playability.

I also kind of thought there would be more to the constellation theme of the game, like actually trying to make certain ones out of crystal chains, but ultimately it's just a naming convention gimmick, so that was a little disappointing. Ah, well. The game is good, but could certainly be improved upon. Three and a half stars from me.

207 Audio Reviews

Oh, this is a really fun version of your original piano piece! A lovely palette of instruments that really fills out the spectrum of sound.

Just like in my other review, I really love the sparser section that comes in just after the first minute has elapsed. The ambient addition of birdsong also feels very appropriate and is just loud enough within to mix to give it a somewhat ethereal feeling, which fits the forest theme.

Very well done, Shawn! Thanks so much for sharing this.

IoTheEternal responds:

my pleasure man! This one is outpacing my piano one in popularity hehe..

I really went all out back then - even recording original instruments to use in it :)

I love the ethereal feeling as well :)

glad you like!

thanks for the review! :)

-shawn (Chronamut)-

This is a very nice original piano piece, Shawn! I'm not gonna lie, it could definitely use an upgrade with some better samples, but considering that it was originally made back in 2004, consider me duly impressed.

While I really love the full and rich sound when it's being played across all four octaves, I also very much enjoy the more delicate sound around the 1:00 mark when it's all being played in the higher register, and how it slowly descends from there. Great job, man.

IoTheEternal responds:

thanks man - yeah this was def. one of my favourite original compositions, and yeah I worked with what I had back then, which was probably a piano soundfont hehe.. it wasn't until later that I had things like the grande 2..

glad you like this little ditty man - can'y believe it's 15 years old now!

thanks for the review!

-shawn (Chronamut)-

Okay, so here's my breakdown. Ipso facto, you've got good flow, but I'm pretty underwhelmed by all those vocal effects that are way overdone. You do have an interesting sound, vocally. Quite unique, I'd say. But with too many effects layered over your voice, things just end up getting muddy. Also, you need to research how to properly pronounce the things you say, like "flanger," which is actually not said like "hanger" and is instead pronounced /ˈflanjər/. Just look up the pronunciation since sites like RhymeZone will totally let you down sometimes.

Once again, your beats are pretty much on point, and that seems to be where you really shine. Hearing the same old tired "Testing one, two" and "mic check" in the intro almost literally made me cringe. I feel the same way when I listen to a Rock track that starts with the '1... 2... 3... 4...' count-off with drumsticks. It's boring, clichéd, and has been done to death. But sometimes you want to add it to your track, or even want to hear it as a listener, just because it's in the comfort zone. Dare to be different. Always.

So yeah, this is a solid track, and it has more to keep the listener interested than "Grustler." That said, the message feels - as it often does - very mixed. Bitches, niggas, and f-bombs on the one hand; God on the other. I'm just not thrilled by those kinds of lyrical ideas on a personal level, though they don't actually *sound* bad. Except that your lyrics really do need to be more crisp and have more actual presence within the track. Enunciate as much as you can, in order to make your words sound nice and sharp in the mix, and dial back those vocal effects.

40 Art Reviews

The only thing I don't like is how the line art for the circle goes right across the main focus of the image. If you scrubbed that part out it would stop interfering with your character art, and would give a much cleaner appearance, overall.

Besides that, I think you've made some great pose choices here, and it works very well as an O.C. compilation. The color scheme is quite nice as well, with all of its contrasting blues and pinks. The subtle drop shadow also looks good. Lots of little touches here and there, and I really like how you didn't just rely on black for your line work.

Maybe you should consider putting Mug on an actual mug, and other things besides. But first, those circle outlines really should be relegated to the background, like in the one where she's sleeping.

nrvos responds:

Thank you for your review! I’ve always wanted to put her on shirts and stickers, a mug sounds like a great idea :)

Right off the bat, this reminds me a lot of the vulture you did a few years back, but with even more fine detail. While it's undoubtedly awesome in its pure black & white form, it would be an absolute travesty to not add color to all these fantastic elements.

Since you've already put so much time and effort into this, might as well take it to the next level and make it a true showpiece. That's my two cents, man.

Hyptosis responds:

Thank you!

Pretty darn cute and all, but...shouldn't she have green hair? I mean sure, I get that blonde hair best represents Samus, but it would have been cool to at least add a green streak in order to represent the Justin Bailey design more accurately.

That aside, nice outfit, gun, and winged high tops designs. The pose seems a bit odd, but the look on her face is priceless.

onionsketch responds:

Yea green hair is from NES (after getting Varia Suit). This design is based on a fan-made sprite hack for Super Metroid. Also, I've drawn Samus with green hair a couple times before (one uploaded to NG).

Thanks for feedback.

I'm just a guy who enjoys a wide variety of artistic pursuits, both professionally and in my free time. Please check out my musical repertoire, and if you have any questions or comments, don't hesitate to leave a review or send me a message.

42, Male