♪ The Afterlust ♪ ♪ The Afterlust ♪

The song itself is quite simply phenomenal, and Finn already knows how much I respect his talent! The background images and animations are also ridiculously impressive.

That said, the character appearance and animation leaves much to be desired, and is quite honestly the weakest part of the presentation. But hey, you're still really young and have lots of time to learn and grow and improve your illustration and animation abilities! So don't give up, and I look forward to watching you improve over time. Let me offer up a few helpful hints:

Really study images of the human body in order to get better at drawing people. While I've certainly seen worse proportions, the male and female within the video are incredibly stiff and possess some very unrealistic features. From the back view, the back itself extends too far upward and almost gives the appearance of having a hump, which I do not believe was intended. Your hands and shoulders are way too rounded; once again, study those aspects and smooth them out in a more realistic way. Arm and leg movements are also really stiff and awkward at this point. And finally, when viewing the head and neck from behind, the neck would continue up past the back of the head rather than the other way around, like it is here.

Having a really amazing song and gorgeous backgrounds boosted my overall score quite a lot, but had I gone strictly by the merits of the characters and character animations alone it would have been a much different story. When those aspects come together in a more harmonious way, you're going to have a seriously killer repertoire. Best of luck going forward! :)

VivendmaYoutube responds:

Thanks! I tried to add my usual humor in it as well.. like Bea Hogg as the girl's name

PokéShots: The Mosquito PokéShots: The Mosquito

This is quite simply the best PSA I've seen since Dumb Ways to Die first earwormed its way into my heart! Incredibly well animated, with excellent visuals, music, and sound effects backing up the brutal action. There was clearly some inspiration taken from series like One Punch Man and classic Dragon Ball Z, which makes for quite an interesting mix in the world of Pokémon. Very kind of you to give the fine folks of Newgrounds the perfected version, too.

Nice protection and avoidance tips. Mosquitos are annoying enough to begin with, but the Zika virus is some seriously bad business. What the world needs is more dragonflies to help control the buzzing bloodsucker population!

Steadfast Stanley Steadfast Stanley

Oh, man...this is so good! Made me smile and actually laugh out loud. Thanks for making my day.

The art and animation style are excellent, as are the sound effects and music. The whole thing comes together just right and is thoroughly engaging. Also a very fun and unique take on the whole Zombie Apocalypse idea that's totally been done to death but somehow never gets old.

Stanley is quite the hero and I'm sure we would all love to see him again, but the story is just as good as a standalone project. Bravo! Looking forward to future submissions.

Makros Superpos Makros Superpos

This is a pretty fun and rather unique game, especially considering how incredibly arbitrary the whole process actually is. I'm still not entirely sure if there's some sort of condition that needs to be met in order to find the Schrödinger-like cat in the box alive or dead, or if it's just as random as the cat effects you get by hitting the spacebar. Nevertheless, it is indeed quite challenging, sometimes frustrating, and generally kind of cute...in a dark and strangely morbid way.

The backgrounds, animations, and other moving parts look very nice and feel natural. The music, while highly limited and decidedly repetitive, sounds fine and serves an interesting purpose by reversing while the spacebar is held down. Sound effects, while also fairly minimal, are nonetheless effective and appropriate for the tone of the game. Besides the technical and aesthetic elements, it's always great to earn a couple hundred medal points! I know it's an extra draw for me, at least.

I did come across one weird medal glitch while playing, so I figured I would take a moment to report it here. During my initial playthrough, I earned all the stars for every level as I completed them, and when I finally got through the 30th level it was the TASK 2 medal that popped all by itself. After that I finished TASK 3, then had to play the game over from the beginning to finally get TASK 1 to activate. Obviously, if someone earns more than one of the medals on a single run through all 30 levels, they should get all the medals they've earned.

Overall, I would have to say that this is a solid Puzzle game, despite its unique reliance on luck. Some skill is indeed required, and simply tapping the button without any kind of analytical thought process going on won't get the job done.

Besides, the idea of cats doing all kinds of crazy stuff while you're not observing them is totally symbolic and 100% accurate. Great job and congratulations on landing on the Front Page!

Apollina´s Spell - Greek antique parody Apollina´s Spell - Greek antique parody

Cute and quirky, but loves to freeze up on me and has done so across several attempts. I may never be able to finish the game itself if that keeps happening. The premise is very bizarre of course, just like the myths themselves, and your one of a kind art style is always uniquely enjoyable. I've generally become accustomed to your particular style of music, but some of the tracks here actually gave me a headache. :P

The gameplay leaves something to be desired, and not knowing which enemies can be killed using the sword or need to be jumped on is more than a bit bothersome. Controlling Pegasus is ridiculously awkward, though I suppose that was intended to ramp up the difficulty of the "race" against the Sphinx. In a more straightforward race based on speed rather than gathering golden olives, Pegasus would win without even trying.

Death comes quickly and easily, but then you're right back into things with another chance, so dying in and of itself means very little in most stages. There are some silly little Easter eggs sprinkled here and there, and it's always nice to earn medals.

Not a bad game, though I would probably offer up at least another half star if I could play without those frustratingly random freeze-ups. FYI, the browser I use is Chrome and there was nothing else going on in the background at the time. Hope that helps!

Crystals Constellations Crystals Constellations

A well made game that relies too much on the luck stat. I can't really say that it's a very original idea, which I'm sure you already know since you've used this same formula before, but at least it's done well enough to be interesting. And there are medals to earn, which is a nice bonus. The game looks quite nice, the background music is really relaxing, and it has one hell of a difficulty curve. Maybe instead of "Easy, Medium, and Hard" the levels should be named "Entirely Possible, Not So Much, and All But Impossible."

Skill is absolutely a part of the game, but in the end simply moving on to the next level requires inordinate amounts of luck, as well. Moving on to the 3rd level in the Medium bracket should not take numerous repeated attempts...that's just frustrating and really hampers the game's overall level of playability.

I also kind of thought there would be more to the constellation theme of the game, like actually trying to make certain ones out of crystal chains, but ultimately it's just a naming convention gimmick, so that was a little disappointing. Ah, well. The game is good, but could certainly be improved upon. Three and a half stars from me.

Colour in Greyness Colour in Greyness

Man, I just have to say, this is a truly fantastic atmospheric track! You certainly have no reason to be disappointed in your score, and I'm really glad that you took some extra time to polish this up a bit from the CHIPS version.

The section that begins around 1:47 and goes until the end actually reminds me, oddly enough, of the ambiance in Tourian from the Metroid games. It's got a dark sense of tension, sort of like an 'anything can happen, so be ready' kind of feel to it. You've got all kinds of fantastic atmospheric sounds and ideas going on, some incredibly timing and ideas, and they're brought together incredibly well with a really solid instrument selection.

Your musical elements mesh pretty nicely with the ambiance, although I personally feel that the melodic content could have been much more fleshed out and less sparse, but your percussive game is straight up tight. You really do kind of overdo it with the reverb, though. Dialing that back in general would be good, but some spots end up getting pretty muddy, so I'd suggest ditching all of it and just adding it back in bit by bit. With the overall atmosphere of the track, I do understand what you were going for, but still...when it damages the overall mix, something should be done.

Suffice to say, this is a really solid Ambient track and a very enjoyable listen! You knew that it would be a pitched battle, and you came prepared. Thank you once again for coming in after garlagan dropped out, and I look forward to hearing what you come up with next.

8.94 out of 10

Le Vil Brequin Le Vil Brequin

I can totally get what you were going for with the Industrial power noise sound, and you've got some really cool underlying elements, but those are ultimately far overshadowed by what ultimately comes off as too much crunchy distortion. At no point does the listener get a break from that, and - whether intended or not - it ends up being rather abusive on the ears. I try to be very discerning when it comes to loud, harsh sounds that could damage my hearing. Suffice to say, this track has been a bit of a struggle for me, despite how incredibly talented I know you are.

Now, of course I know that this was never intended as a NGADM track from the beginning. I am overjoyed that everyone still in the contest had something to contribute to the Round of 16. You had this available, it was made within the allotted time-frame for CHIPS, you asked and I was happy that it could be allowed in. But at the same time you knew that it probably wouldn't help you to move on to the Quarterfinals. Not that it still doesn't frustrate you, especially with the judge averages being less than complimentary, but there is a precedent right within the contest guidelines.

A quick perusal of the Tournament rules brings us to the following statement: "Keep in mind that this is a MUSIC competition. We won't judge voice-acting, experimental noise, sound effects, or anything that doesn't count as music." Although there are indeed musical elements, the fact that highly divisive noise pervades the entire track without a respite was damaging. Sure, we could debate semantics over what "music" actually is practically forever, but as the judges of this contest we can't afford to take anything other than a decisive stance when it comes to our scoring.

Long story short, this is the case of a good idea that simply didn't pan out for the contest. It's happened a lot, to many of the contestants, since this whole thing started back in May. Giving your listener's ears a break is vital, especially with hardcore distortion and lots of loud, crunchy noise. I would have liked to have seen the levels of distortion rise and fall, or switch from one mode to another at least some of the time. There are all kinds of ways to alleviate ear strain, which happens far too quickly in this instance.

What I could actually hear going on beneath the somewhat overwhelming power noise was excellent! I just couldn't hear enough of it, which is a shame. Regardless, I love what you do, and I wish you the absolute best of luck going forward!

7.25 out of 10

Self Discipline Self Discipline

Man, I've got such a soft spot in my heart for your brand of Rock! You've put together a ton of epic riffs here, but the mix comes off as being strangely thin, especially during the sparser sections. That said, I can hear each and every single instrument just as clear as a bell, with the exception of the percussion. The kicks sound especially washed out and could really benefit from some additional punch.

Ultimately, the melodies and overall mix were at odds in my mind during the judging round, which made scoring this more difficult than usual. While it all sounds good, nothing seems to stand out on its own and really take ownership until almost halfway through the track.

I think the bass could definitely use more presence, and while most of the riffs themselves feel just kind of slapped together with a fair lack of transitioning, your change up at the 4-minute mark really made me sit up and take notice. And while 2:15 comes rather suddenly, that release of tension is one of my favorite parts, including the heavy metal section immediately following.

There is so much potential here, but many of the different elements just don't seem to get the attention they truly deserve. Your melodies are so solid, and your playing is - as always - superb! But the mix is surprisingly lackluster by comparison. It leaves me feeling so torn, but nevertheless remains a sweet Metal journey.

8.87 out of 10

Doctober - 10th Doctor Doctober - 10th Doctor

An excellent likeness of my all-time favorite Doctor, portrayed by the highly talented David Tennant! That said, I've really been loving your Doctober series, and am looking forward to the rest. Keep up the phenomenal work.

5 Sonic Screwdrivers out of 5!

JinnDEvil responds:

Thank you very much, pal!

Charl Mcgroove Charl Mcgroove

That is one cute af third eye cat! Nice job, man.

And he seems to have beaten that slowpoke Link to the Triforce. Burn!

deathink responds:

Yeah, I wonder what his wish will be?

the punisher the punisher

I guess klinikum hasn't been binge-watching Daredevil on Netflix...

Congrats on being Frontpaged yet again, man! Am I just supposed to write a short one-liner comment? Damn, I'm not very good at that. Suffice to say, it looks just like him! Loving the overall style and how appropriately beat up you made him here. Those angry Irish blokes really made a mess out of him.

JohnnyUtah responds: